Luckybug Creations by Heidi Walczak

LuckyBug Creations on ETSY

Saturday, August 10, 2013

3-in-1 Challenge Card with a Bonus!


 
 
So after my Happy Mail Day earlier in the week, I decided it was time for some new cards and if I'm doing new cards I may as well do a challenge (or three)!  Obviously with the new Paper Smooches stamps I was inspired to complete their Trend Watch Challenge which was to use something clear, sheer or see through.  To complete that, I've used a clear acetate card base as well as sheer polkadot ribbon.  I also utilized a frame on the card front so you could see through to the hand-stamped inside.  All of the stamps are from the "Circle of Honor" and "Many Thanks" stamp sets by Paper Smooches.  Mojo Monday gave a cute sketch for this week's challenge.  I did leave a piece out because I didn't want to block the view of the inside, but this card is based on the sketch.  The Pink Elephant challenged to use textures this week so all of the cardstock (that is not stamped on) is the Criss-Cross Doodlebug texture from Bazzil, I also used the Cuttlebug to emboss stripes on the red frame and stars onto the blue tag. 

The BONUS to the card is that it is for Operation Write Home, an incredibly worthy organization that provides handmade cards to United State troops so they may keep in touch and send cards home to loved ones. 
signature

3 comments:

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Such a Neat Card!! I LOVE your take on the challenge!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge and I hope you'll play along again next week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Houses Built of Cards said...

What a fabulous card! LOVE the sentiment with those colors and images! SOOOO sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHH! I LOVE this card! What a fun design-- I LOVE that you used a clear card base AND sheer ribbon! FAB x100000:) What a great card for OWH! THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Trend Watch-- hope you play along with us this week at the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge <3

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I greatly appreciate your feedback. Please leave me your blog address so that I may do the same :)